Now that 2017 is out of the way, I want to share with you my Top Five Beauty Products that I loved in 2017. I am a product junkie, but I absolutely love doing reviews on my favorites, and these are it. I did try LOTS of beauty products, but these five were at the top.
1. Best Lipstick – I absolutely love lipstick and glosses, but I wanted to try some new colors and I absolutely fell in love with Lippie Lingerie Matte lip Tint. They are amazing, and they stay on for hours. There is nothing like applying lipstick and not have to worry about reapplication for a long while. I highly recommend this.
2. Best Bronzer- Bronzer is the perfect product to use during these cold months and give yourself some color. It is one of my favorites, and this was the perfect product.. This has a great consistency to it, and doesn’t make you look orange or fake in any way. it has a very natural, neutral tone to it. They come in a wide variety of colors.
3. Best Mascara- If you are anything like me, you LOVE mascara. It is by far one of my favorite products and there is nothing like having full, beautiful lashes to set your face . Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. You will thank me after trying it. It provides your lashes with gorgeous color.
4. Best Makeup Brush Cleaner- We all know that keeping our makeup brushes clean and free of debris is vital to our skin care and keeping our skin clean. Cinema Secret Makeup Brush Cleaner Well there you have my Top Four products. You will absolutely love all of them, and you will probably end up adding them to your top four too! Happy Tuesday!
It’s 2018, and there is no better time to get in the full swing of skincare than now. I know its cold in most parts, but taking care of your skin should be a top priority to keep it healthy and beautiful. We all want that glowing, dewy skin, and with these resolutions, you will have the Best skin ever. Plus, isn’t it always fun to buy skin care products?
– 1. GET ENOUGH SLEEP- I can’t stress this enough. Sleep deprivation is one of the top reasons we don’t feel at the top of our game, but our skin takes a dive and a deep one. We tend to look tires, and our skin can actually look drab when we aren’t getting our zzz’s. It’s imperative that we strive each night for at least 7-8 hours of good sleep. Sleep helps our skin repair damage and remove toxins. It gives our skin a chance to breathe, and recover. If you need help falling asleep, sipping on warm tea or even taking a melatonin supplement has worked wonders for me. Try to avoid T.V. and alcohol before bed.
– 2. TRY ADDING SOME SUPER FOODS TO YOUR DIET FOR SUPER SKIN- We all know by now that what we put in our body reflects no only on the inside, but the outside. Drinking plenty of filtered water daily, and adding super foods to your diet such as apples, wheatgrass, kale, and spinach can make your skin glow like no other. These all have amazing benefits on your skin.
– 3. EXFOLIATE,EXFOLIATE,EXFOLIATE- Get rid of your old skin cells, and turn over good ones. Exfoliating your skin is marvelous for the skin and has shown to improve clarity and healthier- looking skin. Try doing it 2-3 days a week. This will truly improve the glow of your skin .
– 4. USE A GOOD NIGHT AND DAY CREAM- This is truly important when heading out into the environment. A good one traced with a good SPF will help skin protection against the pollution that we entail every day. I love Charlotte Tilbury Cream. It’s truly amazing. This will help nourish and rejuvenate your skin . Well there are my Top Resolutions for your skin for this year! Keep thriving and beautiful skin.
Who is over this weather already? It’s not only the crazy cold conditions outside, but the fact this chilling weather wreaks havoc on your skin. I can’t tell you how many people I talk to tell me how dried out their skin is, and in some cases, chronic itching. That is not fun! There are amazing ways I keep my skin subtle and moisturized in these pesky, cold conditions. We all need ways to keep our skin lavished until the heat rises again. Correct? First off I have to say that in these cold conditions, I love taking hot baths. Yes I love my hot showers, but a bath is way more inviting, and oh how it relaxes you. I usually run a pretty warm bath, and enhance my bath with Lavender Bath Salts. The aroma of lavender is one of my favorites, and I also add lavender bath oil. The oil instantly moisturizes your skin while your in there. Once I’m done, I always use my Coconut oil for my face and body and apply it once I’m out. You can feel instantly if you don’t apply an oil, your skin feels dry and itchy. Once I apply my coconut oil over my body, I then apply my neutrogena body lotion all over. I can’t stress enough how important oil is for your body in this cold weather. I love body oil so much that I use it every day even in the summer. I’ve just seen a huge difference in my skin as far as being soft and subtle. It is all up you to decide which brands you love the best. I personally love Aveda, Neutrogena, and some amazing bath salts from Bath and Body works. Face and neck oil is just as important. Bare Minerals has a great face oil that I use before applying my moisturizer. Well Ladies, keep that beautiful skin in tact. You only have one! Happy Saturday!
Happy 2018 babes!
I can’t tell you how excited I am to start off my 2018 with good health, joy and gratitude. Yes! Gratitude is the ultimate gift. I’ve learned this year, that being grateful for your blessings is our ultimate gift. This year has been a whirlwind with my mother’s illness, and lots of unknowns, but ultimately things are looking up and she is doing great. We all have those moments when God pushes us a little to see what we can handle, but that’s life! I can’t explain how grateful I am to him everyday for my blessings. 2017 was great, other than some stresses concerning my mother, but 2018 is going to be amazing with her health. I can feel it. I’ve had so many amazing moments in 2017.My blog has grown so much I can’t believe it. I traveled to some amazing places and spent my 20th anniversary in the Beautiful Napa. I can’t get over how gorgeous that place is , and the wine… don’t get me started.. The wineries are utterly beautiful and putting it into words isn’t even possible. My daughter and son are both excelling in their prominent sports as well as other areas. I’ve realized this year how important being with family is . It helps you grow as a person in so many ways. My family is everything, and being with them is all that matters. I’m so beyond proud of them both and the people they are growing into. We all want to usually improve things every year, but I can honestly say that the only thing I want to change is my mom to be 100 percent healthy. I always do have goals that I have,and I am so excited to get this year going. My goals this year are :
– to eat completely vegan. I’ve done so much research and read on vegan diets that it has moved me. I’ve already started it and over it. I’ve even made me a cookbook for this year with all my favorite recipes! Yes, I don’t mess round.
– I’m going to get in the best shape of my life. I’ve drank a little bit more wine than usual this holiday , so my health is my number one priority. We aren’t doing anyone any good if our health isn’t good. I’m increasing my yoga practice and meditation. Meditation has changed my life. Do what makes you happy! There is no time for anything else!
-Im traveling more this year, as my kids schedules permit. There is nothing better than traveling .
– spending more time with my family. ONe thing I’ve realized this year is that life is way too short to spend with people that give you nothing in return. Spend it with people that give you good energy and are fun.
-Taking Time for myself to do the things that I love. Life is too short for anything else! Happy 2018 loves!
I love this time of the year so much and one of the things I love doing is getting my home smelling like Christmas. Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh cranberries and all the festive spices! Yum! I have the best recipe that is sure to make you love Christmas even more . This is perfect to make before a holiday party or even while wrapping and listening to your favorite holiday music. This is the happiest time of the year and it’s even better when your House is filled with the smell of Christmas! Enjoy this and pass it on!
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 orange sliced
4 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon cloves
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
This delicious holiday scent is to die for. It smells amazing!
Bring 3 cups of water plus contents to a simmer over low heat uncovered in a small pot. Add water as you need. Enjoy!