Hi. gorgeous gals!
Who’s not loving the new asymmetrical bobs this season? I know I am! The look is so edgy, yet so playful! I’m seeing more and more women wearing this cool rockin’ look. Check it out on Cameron Diaz! I think it’s hot. What do you think?
Click the image to see more asymmetrical bobs on Pinterest
We’re all coming off spring break, and for those of you who went to hot climates and basked in the sun while swimming in chlorinated pool all week, your hair needs help! That sun wreaks havoc, and no one likes the look or feel of dry, damaged hair…
I’ve been using this Aveda restructuring treatment for about two weeks, and it has really helped with nourishment and conditioning the hair shaft. This mask is a very intensive treatment, and well worth the money! This can be bought at Aveda.com or at Aveda salons.
The new week is upon us, ladies, and that means back to the gym tomorrow, right? Absolutely! To encourage you to stay fueled up and motivated, I wanted to give you 10 healthy snack options to always keep on hand. These will keep you from over-eating at dinner time, and they’re nutrient rich. Try to keep these items always stocked in your kitchen, and alternate them daily as healthy snacks!
- Hummus. This delicious snack is protein rich and fights hunger.
- Salsa. This snack is low in calories, and filled with nutrients.
- Eggs. Eggs aid in fat burning, and fight off belly fat.
- Almonds. I always snack on these due to their richness in vitamin E.
- Chia seeds. Nutty, light flavor, but high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Quinoa. Gluten free and fiber filled.
- Parmesan cheese. Alternate this for any cheese you use regularly. It’s an asset in fighting pounds.
- Sprouted grain bread. Rich in fiber, so you’ll stay fuller longer.
- Yogurt. Belly flattening, and high in calcium.
- Bananas. Rich in potassium.
What are your favorite healthy snacks? Scroll down and let me know in the ‘reply’ section! Love, -Melissa
Happy Sunday, lovlies!
Last week, a few people asked me if I have any advice on stress management. Life can can get so chaotic, and everyone is trying to get from one function to another – whether it’s running kids around town, handling household duties for your family, or just getting ready for a big event!
Well, the way I deal with stress is through my workouts. I’m not one who stresses out too much. I may think, “Wow, when are things going to slow down?” but I won’t let stress ruin my day. I get up, I workout, and everything is better. Believe me, at this time in my life, my kids have so many things going on… But I keep grounded by maintaining my workouts and eating healthy and taking my supplements. In addition, here are some of my stress busters that I cherish; and, maybe you can make them a part of your life, too!
- Take a walk. I can’t tell you how many times I take walks, just for the peace and quiet. It gives me time to process everything going on in my busy life.
- Take a hot bath. Okay ladies, I am obsessed with baths. I literally call my bathroom my spa. I love baths, bath oils, and the big white fluffy robe to go along with it. Relax and enjoy!
- Meditation. I only started taking this up a month ago, and I can’t tell you how much it has changed my life. Fifteen minutes of meditation per day is all you need. It gives you time to rejuvenate your mind and body. My friend introduced me to this, and I have one word: Hooked!
- Deep breathing. Just taking 10 minutes a day to breathe deep and get in the now is so huge for your soul. In the future, I will be doing a tutorial on deep breathing, so be on the lookout for that!
- Dance! Who doesn’t have fun dancing?! Once a month, my girlfriends and I go out for a nice dinner, and then we hit a dance floor! Love it – keeps you young!
- Yoga. Yoga, especially hot yoga, is such a stress buster! Do it once, and trust me – you’ll be back in no time!
Live life by the day, ladies! Don’t worry about what’s in the future… Live in the moment! Love, -Melissa