As we all get older, we have a greater chance of illnesses, disease, frail bones, and the list goes on… One scary contributor to illness and inflammatory disease is too much acid in our diet. We aren’t eating enough alkaline foods.
Below I listed the top 8 alkaline foods that I try to eat everyday. These foods are high in vitamins and antioxidants.
1. Lemons – great for digestive tract
2. Watermelon – loaded with antioxidants
3. Spinach – good source of vitamin K and folate
4. Asparagus – high in fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E, and K
5. Mangos – high in potassium and omega 3
6. Papaya – good source of vitamin C, folate and potassium
7. Grapes – high in vitamin A, B, and C
8. Pineapple – high in fiber and L-carnatine
Try to add these to some great recipes or just eat them alone. It will do your body good!