Everyone’s had a fair share of sickness this year, due to crazy weather. However, there are great ways to maintain a healthy immune system.
1. Since I have been doing yoga, I have seen a huge difference in my health. I practice hot yoga, which I am practically addicted to, and I just feel more healthy all around.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables daily. Taking in those antioxidants and nutrients is vital to your overall health. Try to add in one or two servings a day to start off with.
3. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise most days. Physical activity is shown to decrease chances of sickness.
4. Getting enough sleep is vital. I know on days when I’m out late, getting out of bed is just not my cup of tea. I am not at my best the next day.
5. Don’t smoke. Period.
6. Make sure to wash your hands before eating and after. It keeps germs at bay. There are germs everywhere, and keep up on all your vaccinations. It a vital part of your health regimen.
The older we get, we are more prone to ailments we become. Stick to these healthy immunity tips, and keep yourself around for many years to come!