It’s amazing what you learn about life as you get older. I have learned so many things and I apply these daily to my, and my children’s lives, daily.
1. Always pick quality over quantity. This applies to everything from shoes, to handbags, to friends! So many people think they are in some popularity contest, feeling like they need all kinds of friends. Or with social media, they hope they get so many likes on a photo… It’s comical. Why? I think it makes them feel like they are gaining something later in life they wished they had in high school. Get over it! Like I’ve always said: No one is that important. What’s important is having six great friends that you can count on versus 20 that really could care less.
2. Always be kind, but not too kind. Always be nice to people; you never know what someone is going through. I told a girl the other day that she looked adorable, and her face completely lit up. Don’t ever be too nice to where you let people take advantage.
3. Positive energy is addicting, so spread it. I have met so many great friends who are amazingly sweet and supportive. You can feel positive energy around you. Stay away from the negative energy. You can spot it a mile away. When the friends are supporting you and clapping for you, keep them. Drop the ones that do not clap! They are no good! It truly ends up being out of issues they usually have which are insecurities and jealousy. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t, because chances are they wish they could.
4. Always tell your loved ones how much you love them. Time flies by so fast. As a young person, you are always thinking you’re invincible and everyone around you is too. No one is invincible; they will go, and you will not be able to tell them. Make sure everyday, it is known to them!
5. Be spontaneous and adventurous! When I turned 33, I started doing and trying all these new things. I’m loving life right now, and I am so blessed. My family and I are always doing something, and we are a very tight family. We love traveling (when we are off sport season), and we are very competitive which means we are always playing games or challenging ourselves! Get out there and try the things you have always wanted to do. I’m really considering getting my yoga license just because I love it, and I feel like it. Why? Because I can. Live life everyday!