Who doesn’t love bananas and strawberries together? It has always been one of may favorite combinations when making fruit dishes, adding them both to yogurt dishes, and oatmeal breakfasts. This amazing smoothie is so delicious, and is a great way to start your morning. If you are one that wants to add a bit more protein to it, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of organic peanut butter, to give you that boost, or 1/2 cup whey protein powder, if you are heading to a morning workout. Blend together and enjoy!
–3/4 cup oramge juice
-3/4 cup fresh strawberries
-2 1/4 cups ice cubes
This great smoothie recipe was one that I found in www.pilbooks.com/cookbooks, which is one of my favorites. The paleo smoothies are awesome, and great nutrition for your health.
I wanted to give you a try & tell review on the oxygen facial that Dr. Brandt ( who by the way) has some amazing products it), invented to give the busy women of today a quick mask to help with rejuvenating their skin. I picked this up at Sephora , and with the price tag of 69.00, I read up on the product before picking it up to make sure that the reviews I had already read, were positive. I usually go to my local dermatologist for oxygen facials, and I know how great they can make your skin look, but with lack of time, I thought this would be a quick pick me up for those busy days. I have to say I love it. It instantly made my skin look nourished, and gave it a glow. I did use my microdermabrasion tool the night before, and that gave my skin a clear , clean platform to start with. This mask was designed to give your skin a healthy glow and boosts your skins luminosity, and I feel it did that for me.
The benefits of Dr. Brandt’s oxygen facial are
- more clarity in the skin
- diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- lessens fatigue of the skin
- gives luminosity to tired skin
If you decide you want to try this mask, make sure you start off with clean skin, and make sure you do not rub it in. Leave on for 3-5 minutes, and pat dry with warm water. Follow it with a great moisturizer. Use this product 2-3 days a week. This amazing product is quick and convenient for those busy days. It can be bought online at Www.sephora.com.
Everyond has a certain workout style. I’ve seen many different ones, including women wearing the sweat pants we use to wear in the 90’s , and the latest lounge fashion craze seems to be coming back. I see athletic tanks paired with running shorts, or yoga capris paired up with Camis. Your workout style can really alter how you feel during your workouts. If you wear sweats to yoga, I can guarantee it will not feel comfortable , and you will be sweating your butt off, hoping for that yoga class to end any time. Your workout style should always accommodate the kind of workout you are doing. For example, if you are planning on running, you should stick with running shorts and a bra top, that will be adequate with how much you sweat, as if your going to a yoga class, wear something that is going to give you comfort during the class. Of course when the weather changes, you want to wear clothing that is going to keep the heat in. So many great brands have the most amazing comfort clothing out for all sports, including hiking, biking, yoga, Pilates and so forth. I love the lululemon vinyasa scarves for the fall and winter, and they add a touch of cuteness to your workout style. These days they are adding some touch ups on those workout styles, and in the end , it looks super cute. What’s your workout style?? Yoga Camis, running shorts and tanks? Share it with fit and bliss!
I have another amazing guest blogger this week that wanted to do a write up for Fit and Bliss, and I am so happy to meet this wonderful girl. Meet Sophie from www.swekiwi.com.
9 Tips for Preventing Breakouts
if you are anything like me, you struggle with breakouts from time to time, and they are just as annoying every time you get them. While there is no miracle cure that will get rid of them in an instant, there are many things you can do to try to prevent them.
- Wash your face every night and every morning .This one may be a given, but you’d be surprised to know how many women sometimes go to bed without removing their makeup. Make sure you clean your face properly before going to bed, or the makeup will be clogging your pores.
- Clean your Makeup brushes. – When you use your brushes, they soak up any dirt and oil you have on your face, and the next time you use them, you’ll pretty much be rubbing that dirt and oil back into your face. It’s recommended to clean your brushes at least once a week. I often clean my brushes with the same cleanser I use for my face , but please note it will only work if it’s a makeup removing cleanser. You can otherwise use liquid dish soap, but make sure you rinse it out properly.
- Change your pillowcase often.-Oil and dirt from your face transfer to your pillow while you are sleeping. Even if you do wash your face every night, dirt will build up and clog your pores and cause breakouts unless you change your pillowcase often. I recommend changing it atleast once a week , but preferably every couple of days.
- Keep your hair out of your face.-Even if you wash your hair regularly, your hair transfers oils to your face, and can cause breakouts. Its recommended to keep your hair out of your face as much as possible. This is especially important if you use a lot of product in your hair.
- Don’t touch your face. – We all do it, but we shouldn’t. I don’t know about you, but when Im bored at work, I often sit resting my chin in my hand. By doing this, your transferring dirt from your hands to your face, which in turn clogs pores and causes breakouts. So if your aware of doing this, wash your hands often.
- Wash your face before and after exercising.– Sweat will clog your pores, so its important to wash your face after a workout. Wash your face before too, and don’t wear makeup during your workout session to prevent your clogs getting clogged.
- Don’t squeeze your pimples. -I know its tempting, and it feels like they will go way faster if you squeeze them. This couldn’t be further from the truth. By squeezing them, youll transfer dirt from your hands to your face which in turn could cause more breakouts. You’ll also risk scarring. When your squeezing a pimple, you might also be spreading the bacteria inside the skin and you may end up with more pimples.
- Reduce your stress levels.-Stress is never good, and could potentially cause you breakouts. If you feel stressed, think about the things you could do to reduce it. Perhaps try yoga, pilates, or simply go on a short holiday.
- Moisturize even if you have oily skin.-When you don’t moisturize, your skin will try to create it own oils instead, and this can cause breakouts. I know from experience that it can feel really strange to moisturize when you know that your skin isn’t dry, but trust me , It really does help. Check out Sophias blog at http://www.swekiwi.com
I love that time of year when my local farmers markets are going on, and I can go pick out some of my favorite fruits and vegetables, and shop for some wonderful pies and baked goods. There are so many great reasons you should hit up your local markets, including that your helping out in such a huge way. I’ve been to quite a few farmers markets over the years, including my absolute favorite San Francisco. I seriously still dream about that market. Seattle has another amazing market, with their fresh fish out daily.
This time of year , where there is an abundance of produce, really helps bring our health back to life. Their are so many amazing recipes that incorporate huge tomatoes, beautiful squash, and my all time favorite eggplant. The fruits, gorgeous in color, can be added to any great summer salad, and is sure to be quite delicious. Any of the great vegetables, can be added into a healthy pizza. My all time favorite pizza , is the Margarita Pizza, which I make a lot during this crazy , and busy time. I add the tomatoes, a little olive oil, and basil to it, topped with a bit of mozzarella cheese, and its one of my family’s favorite. Squash , which is one of my favorite vegetables, can be grilled, and added to a little shrimp, and red peppers, and you have yourself a great stir fry. Eggplant parmesan is one of my weekend favorites, that I usually save for a Sunday evening when my kids are home, and its not hectic. You can also pick up some gorgeous flowers while your at it.
Take the time to walk through your own neighborhood farmers market, and help those farmers out , and give back a little. You can find so many dishes to incorporate into your family’s schedule, and I’m sure they will love some new delicious dishes to try, with added health benefits.