I’ve had so many emails asking me about hair, and how to keep it healthy , and I figured I would dedicate a post just to hair care. Everyone wants healthy hair, and with so many products out there, using too many can wreak havoc on your hair, and can cause too much build up. Here are some of my questions that I had sent to me , and I’m just going to answer them..
- is sleeping in wet hair bad? Sarah H. – I’ve heard people recommend letting your hair air dry, but air drying can be more harmful because it swells the hair strands. This can really weaken your hair, so I advise blow drying .
- Can you use too much product on your hair? Ava L.- in my opinion.. Yes you can.. I’d advise using a riot pump, and then a little hair spray, and then maybe a gloss for shine. Too much product can make your hair look worse.
- should I shampoo every day? Laura W. – no! You do not shampoo every day. Shampooing everyday can strip natural oils out of your hair, and dry it out. Making sure you use shampoos without para end is vital . Those pesky preservatives aren’t good for your hair or skin. Throw them out. Use an all natural alternative. Your hair will look so much more healthy and vibrant.
- Are hair masks good to use? Misty F. – yes in my opinion I think you should use one a week. It really adds nutrients to your hair, and gives it sheen . I’d advise a great mask by a prominent brand, so you know your getting your money’s worth. A lot of those masks can be made with horrible fillers.
Hair is a necessity , and having gorgeous strands are up to you and how you take care of it. I’ve said this before.. There is nothing more unattractive then a girl who has used too much bleach on her hair that it hardly moves. Hair is meant to move. Stay away from chemicals, and treat your hair like you would your skin. You will be in good shape.
The smokey eye look is everywhere, and I love the look especially at night. I’m not one to wear that look during the day, with workouts and everything, and for day I like a more subtle natural look. When there is a night out, or an event, I love the look of the smokey eye. There are many ways to achieve this look, and anyone can have it with any eye color. If you have a lighter eye color, I wouldn’t make it such a drastic look, but yet give your eyes a lighter charcoal color. You can look too “overdone” in this case. Many different brands have their smokey eye palettes out, and I absolutely love all of them. One of my all time favorites is the Laura Mercier palette, due to the fact that it has the perfect palette colors in my opinion. They aren’t too light, or too dark, and I think this is the perfect palette for any eye color.
Great ways to achieve that smokey eye look-
- Always start off by applying a great eye lid base. This will keep your eyeshadow from creasing. It also helps with keeping your eyeshadow from disappearing through out the day. Im sure you have seen that happen before, where you start off with eyeshadow, and by the end of the day, it seems its not on there anymore. This is a great prevention.
- Apply the highlighter color ( or the lightest color) at the top of your brow line. This will open your eye up, and allow you to look more awake. It also makes your eyes look bigger.
- Apply the very darkest color to the crease of your eye. This is the part that gives your eyes that smokey look. Lighter eyes in my opinion, doesn’t need as much. This color is what makes your eyes pop.
- The next lighter color, will be applied to the bottom lid. This makes your eyes not look so hard, and gives it that subtle, but sultry look. When all these beautiful colors are applied together, they really do open up your eyes, and give your eyes such a beautiful look.
- ( optional).. Some women use a black eyeliner pencil on the bottom under their bottom lashes. I personally do not do this, because my eyes can look a little overdone , even with me having hazel eyes. I’ve noticed when I apply a smokey eye look, my eyes look more deep brown then hazel.
I’m sure many of you have your favorite smokey eye palettes , as their are a lot of great ones out there, but Laura Mercier has a fantastic one, and if you are new to this look, and need to find a great one to try, this is the one I’d recommend. This palette can be bought at www.lauramercier.com, or www.sephora.com