The smokey eye look is everywhere, and I love the look especially at night. I’m not one to wear that look during the day, with workouts and everything, and for day I like a more subtle natural look. When there is a night out, or an event, I love the look of the smokey eye. There are many ways to achieve this look, and anyone can have it with any eye color. If you have a lighter eye color, I wouldn’t make it such a drastic look, but yet give your eyes a lighter charcoal color. You can look too “overdone” in this case. Many different brands have their smokey eye palettes out, and I absolutely love all of them. One of my all time favorites is the Laura Mercier palette, due to the fact that it has the perfect palette colors in my opinion. They aren’t too light, or too dark, and I think this is the perfect palette for any eye color.
Great ways to achieve that smokey eye look-
- Always start off by applying a great eye lid base. This will keep your eyeshadow from creasing. It also helps with keeping your eyeshadow from disappearing through out the day. Im sure you have seen that happen before, where you start off with eyeshadow, and by the end of the day, it seems its not on there anymore. This is a great prevention.
- Apply the highlighter color ( or the lightest color) at the top of your brow line. This will open your eye up, and allow you to look more awake. It also makes your eyes look bigger.
- Apply the very darkest color to the crease of your eye. This is the part that gives your eyes that smokey look. Lighter eyes in my opinion, doesn’t need as much. This color is what makes your eyes pop.
- The next lighter color, will be applied to the bottom lid. This makes your eyes not look so hard, and gives it that subtle, but sultry look. When all these beautiful colors are applied together, they really do open up your eyes, and give your eyes such a beautiful look.
- ( optional).. Some women use a black eyeliner pencil on the bottom under their bottom lashes. I personally do not do this, because my eyes can look a little overdone , even with me having hazel eyes. I’ve noticed when I apply a smokey eye look, my eyes look more deep brown then hazel.
I’m sure many of you have your favorite smokey eye palettes , as their are a lot of great ones out there, but Laura Mercier has a fantastic one, and if you are new to this look, and need to find a great one to try, this is the one I’d recommend. This palette can be bought at www.lauramercier.com, or www.sephora.com