I have an amazing pumpkin ball recipe that I recently made this weekend, and they are delicious! Fall is around the corner, and I love baking healthy, fall foods . These balls are great for a healthy snack.
- 4 T of oats , and coconut. ( divide the two into 2 T each) ( dry ingredients)
- 2 T nut butter ( organic )
- 2 T pumpkin purée
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Pinch of dried ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Splash of stevia
Put the dry ingredients into a food processor until you have them into powder form.
Add the remaining ingredients in.
Taste a little bit for the spiceness. You may need to adjust. People may like theirs a little bit more sweet or spicy.
The mixture will be very wet. Roll them into balls and put in fridge over night. These are great snacks and perfect for fall., they would be great combined with some hot spiced chai tea.
I am so excited to bring you so many awesome things happening at FitandBliss.com, and I really want to focus on health a bit more in my posts, because there are so many amazing products out there that really benefit your health, and I want to share as much as I can to bring you the best in optimal health. We all need it right? I am such a lemon lover. I really do buy them constantly, because I use them so much. I use them in cooking, dishes, smoothies, juicing, and in my water all the time. I know you don’t normally pick a lemon up and eat it, due to the extreme sour taste, but there are so many ways to incorporate them into your daily diet.
Did you know there are many health benefits to lemons?
- Lemons lower stroke risk. It shows in research that women who ate lemons daily, lowered their strike rate by 19 percent. Overall that is huge. Just one a day will do you good.
- Lemons being high in vitamin C , helps prevent free radicals in the body and helps combat them. Vitamin C is a huge component in helping combat cancer cells.
- Lemons help to increase iron absorption. adding lemons to iron rich foods helps the body absorb it Better. Adding lemon juice to your salads, or even adding a bit to chickpeas, really helps your body’s iron absorption ability.
- Vitamin C helps combat wrinkles, and in return helps the skin elasticity.
Eat at those lemons daily!!! They do good from your head to your toes.