We all have those days ( at least I do) where you are running short on time, and you really don’t feel like doing your hair at all, because you know you will be running errands all day, or you just are in one of those comfortable moods where putting your hair up is all you feel like doing. Personally , I get sick of the ponytail look, so putting your hair up in a messy bun is as easy as it looks, and can look good. I do this a lot, especially on those crammed mornings.
- Make sure your hair is washed and clean, and dry. If you washed it the night before, that’s totally fine, as long as its dry. Your bun will not stay up when its wet, and will not have a full look to it.
- Take a very good volume spray, and spray from the crown to the ends. Then take a flat comb and start combing back the hair at the root of the crown. This is basically called “ratting”. This will give your crown some volume. Comb towards the scalp.
- Once this is done. brush all of your hair, and make sure that’s its brushed good, and once I brush mine, I always apply a glaze to it. This gives your hair a bit of shine once its up in the messy bun. Take all of your hair and sweep it up, and apply a rubber band to it , like you are putting it in a pony tail. Make sure you use good rubber bands that will not break your hair strands. Pull only half of your pony tail through then wrap the hair band around, then pull it half way through again, and apply the rubber band. Your bun will be a bit messy at this point, which is what we want right?
- Once you have your messy bun done, you can add a few bobby pins to the sides to keep it up, or any strays that may let loose.
- You can pull any hair out that you want left down by the ears. Once you have done that, you can spray the bun with some light hairspray, and you are good to go. Do not use Extra hold hairspray on your hair. This will give your hair a matted look, and that look is not a good look.
Some people actually curl the hair that is left out of the bun. That is also an option. This will give your bun a cleaner look. Everyday doesn’t have to be a perfect hair day, and in my opinion, you do this bun right, it does look perfect.