I know that the colder months are getting ready to settle in, and one thing I do every year is get my health to the optimal level , so I have a lower chance of catching any kind of sickness. That is one thing I truly cant stand is being sick, and with the vitamins and supplements that I take, the sickness has stayed away for the most part. There are some great healthy items that you can eat, and take to keep your immune system at the optimal level. These are some great things that I take, and they are great for your health.
- Shitake Mushrooms- These amazing mushrooms have so many health benefits. They reduce your inflammatory proteins , and enhance your cell functions, which has shown to improve your immunity. I try to take a supplement everyday, and you can pick some great ones up at your local natural market.
- Garlic- garlic has great anti viral and anti bacterial properties. Adding a bit to your food, or even taking garlic supplements will help with your overall immunity.
- Edamame- These little pods are full of omega -3 fatty acids, and also help reduce inflammation. That is what causes horrible sickness is to much inflammation buildup in the body. We want to reduce it in any way that we can.
- Green juices- I know that I go on and on about the Importance of juicing, but just getting those daily fresh vegetables and superfoods helps with keeping your immunity up, and preventing sickness. No time ? Pick up an evolution fresh drink. They are loaded with great vitamins and minerals, and my favorite is Green Devotion, loaded up with cucumber, celery, lemon, spinach. They are amazing drinks. I’m also a huge believer in the Super Elixir, which can be bought online.
Whole foods for your health are vital. I cant tell you the amount of energy I have since changing my diet. Diet has so much to do with the way you feel. You are feeding it everyday. Some great super foods that I love for those fresky winter colds and coughs are :
- Honey- This is an amazing thing to take for a bad cough. It will literally suppress your nerve fibers that cause coughing. Add it to some hot tea, and you are go to go.
- Peppermint is great if you have some congestion going on. We all hate that feeling of fullness in the chest. Chewing on it will help with phlegm and mucous. Hot peppermint tea is great too. Warm Tea is always great to have daily. its a healthy go to drink, and some teas provide amazing health benefits such as Green Tea. Adding in daily exercise to for at least for 30 minutes will help with immunity. Keep that flu away, and take care of of yourself everyday. Optimal health is vital , and just adding or changing some daily habits will get your health where it needs to be.