This week I have decided to post on skin, and ways that can make it look aging, and ways to keep it looking youthful. I’m the first to admit that I hate the word “anti-aging”, but it does it hit the spot when you hear it. You hear the word in just about anything, from certain anti-aging foods, to anti-aging skincare. There are many tips that can help you keep your skin healthy, and happy. Your skin doesn’t like pollutants, or bad food, or bad skin care. Prevention is such a mainstay , and there are ways to prevent aging skin from coming to early. These are some of my favorite tips , and I hope you try them, because they are good habits to start .
- Find a great eye mask- One of the thinnest areas on our face is around our eyes. as we age, so does the skin around our eyes. It loses collagen, and starts to acquire wrinkles and crows feet. Using a weekly mask is important, and a good eye cream can do wonders. One of my favorite eye creams for nightly use is the Dior eye cream, and it really does work wonders.
- Drink that Water- I cant tell you enough how important it is to drink loads of water. It really keeps our organs flushed, and just brings hydration to our skin. Its the most important drink you will ever have.
- Always wear a good pair of sunglasses- Even if its cloudy, wearing sunglasses can prevent the light from hitting our eyes, and squinting. Squinting will cause crows feet, and prevention is key.
- Always remove your makeup- Never wear your makeup to bed. Always take it off with a great cleanser, and apply a good night cream. If you leave it on, it will clog your pores, and cause breakouts, and early aging.
- Always wear your SPF, even in the winter- I cant stress how important this is enough . SPF is a life saver in many ways, and is ultimately a skin protector. Even if its snowing outside, put it on. You can take control of the aging process now. The smallest little changes can add years to your skin.
As we age, there are many things that can contribute to making us look older than we actually are, and there are things that can make us look younger. I’m sure none of you want to look older than your actual age, and there are many things we can do to keep us from looking that way. Here I want to point out some huge beauty mistakes that many women make, and thus makes them look older.
- Over plucking the eyebrows. Eye brows are suppose to shape the eye. The over plucking went out in the 90’s , as soon as Pamela Anderson did. She’s the one who started it right? Over plucking can make the eyes look off set, which in turn can oddly make you look older than your age. its best to shape the brows with a brow kit, but keep the natural shape of your eye brow. You can use eye brow fillers, and if you need to get rid of a few strays, then have a professional thread them, or wax them. I personally love threading. It doesn’t take long at all, and it gives your eyebrows a very clean look.
- Keep the matte look away- one thing that personally makes a person look older than anything else, is the matte powders. They have always settled in creases, which in turn makes your flaws very noticeable. Try to use a dewy primer or moisturizer, and with the right concealer, anything can be fixed. Stay away from those pesky ,heavy powders.
- Use that concealer- Under eye circles can wreak havoc on your daily look. Try to add a bit of concealer to the under eye area, to give you a more fresh faced look, and awaken the skin under your eyes. Under eye circles get worse with age. A good concealer will work wonders for your eyes.
- Puffy eyes- One thing that will make your eyes more puffy than anything is alcohol, and too much sodium. try to drink a lot of water daily, which will decrease the amount of puffiness around the eyes. Drinking lots of fresh water daily, is very important, not only for your eyes, but for your over all health.
Growing older is inevitable, but looking older can be helped. Remember to always take care of yourself daily. Exercising, and eating healthy foods are great attributes to a good healthy glow.