I hope you all had an amazing holiday ! Its amazing how fast it comes & goes, but it’s great to get the new year started, and that means new beginnings for you and your health & happiness. I’m always one that makes lists of things I want to accomplish in the new year, and new ways of making more “me” time . I always love being with my friends and family, but your always the best mom when you make time for yourself.
Some great ways to starting off your 2016, needs to incorporate more things for yourself.
- – reorganize & redecorate your spaces. Organization is great for many reasons. It makes your work more organized, and clears your mind , so that you can think more clearly, and in return you get so much more done with a clearer head. Redecorating doesn’t hurt either. I love home design. It makes everything fun.
- Pamper yourself. If you are a mom with kids, or one that works non stop, who ever told you that you didn’t deserve a pampering session? It’s so important to make time for yourself with a nail appointment, or getting a massage. Go for a day and get it all done. It rejuvenates your body, mind , and spirit. Your well worth it.
- Do something that’s creative & inspiring to yourself. You will truly surprise yourself on what you learn, and creative new projects that you can accomplish. Want to learn a language? What’s stopping you? Do you want to learn how to draw? Take a drawing class. Time keeps going. Do the things you want to do.
- Schedule more time with your family . I don’t know about you , but that’s one thing that I love more than anything, is spending time with my family. As busy as our schedules are, it’s so important to sit down and have dinners together, or even grab a movie together. Schedule more dinners with your extended family. It’s the most important thing.
- Unsure about the things you want to accomplish? Make a vision board of all the experiences you want to try, or all the things you want to do.
- Make less time for your phone. Taking yourself away from your phone will allow more ” me” time. I understand, as myself, a lot of the work I do is from my laptop or phone, but try to set goals of staying away from social media, ( unless of course you are working).. It’s such a waste of energy & time , and that time can be spent on more productive things you want to achieve.
Start off 2016 the right way , for yourself. You are worth making this year an unforgettable one.