We all love sweets. Well at least I do, but I like the “healthier” versions. I like to bake quite often, and I like to bake healthy gluten-free cupcakes. There are many ways to incorporate your favorite sweets into a healthier version . You use better quality ingredients with better substitutions. I recently found this wonderful recipe on Healthy Green Kitchen. It is a fabulous website. The website contains many great ,quality made recipes. I used this recipe to make birthday cupcakes this year, and they were a hit.
This Gluten-free cupcake recipe makes 16 cupcakes, and the Prep time is 15 min. The actual cook time is 25 min. You are more than welcome to use any flavor of frosting.
6 oz. egg whites ( room temp)
1/2 cup organic raw milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract ( buy a good quality kind)
6 oz. gluten -free flour
6 oz. organic sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
6 oz. organic butter ( room temp)
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees. ( Butter or line the pans with cupcake liners)
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites with 1/4 cup milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flours , sugar, baking powder together on low speed for 30 sec.
- Add the butter and remaining 1/4 cup of milk. Mix on low speed until the butter has been incorporated. Increase to medium speed and beat for 1-2 min.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the egg mixture in 3 separate batches ,and beat on medium speed for 20-30 seconds after each addition.
- Pour or scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 min. Make sure to use your cake tester. Let them cool on a cooling rack. Viola they amazing!