It’s winter time, and for a lot of people that means no fun. Many people have problems living in the cold due to all the issues that the cold brings on. One of those problems for many is dried, chapped lips. That isn’t fun for anyone, and without proper care can become harmed and painful. It can make your lips feel as if they are covered in salt. Ugh!
The cold brings on dry air. It not only is dry outside, but can also be very dry inside without proper humidifiers set in place. The main causes of dried, chapped lips are Sun, wind, cold and dry air.
- Do not Lick your Lips. – It may feel as if it’s making them feel better, but in reality it’s drying them out further.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Hydration is key when trying to keep everything moisturized. There is no better component then water.
- Always use a good lip balm such as Vaseline. This will help the lips stay lubricated and healthy through the cold bitter months. Apply it before and after eating , especially if your eating salty foods. Salty and spicy foods can burn them significantly.
- If your house does not have a humidifier built in, try putting one in your bedroom. This will help circulate some clean air and add moisture to your home.
- Make sure you are getting the recommended daily vitamins. Deficiency in vitamins will cause you to get cracked , sore lips.
Adding these tips to your beauty regimen will help keep your lips looking and feeling beautiful.