Everyone talks so much about how eating your greens is important, and it is. Greens are vital to your health, and getting nutrients and antioxidants in your diet. One product that I feel everyone should be taking is a chlorophyll supplement. There are so many benefits to this product. I feel it’s not talked about as much as it should be. Chlorophyll is an effective way to control hunger and weight loss. In recent research, it was shown that there was reduced hunger in the people that had taken chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is an amazing cleanser. It is known to cleanse and purify the blood, and help with hampering against carcinogens. It is known to help against free radical protection. We all live in a crazy germ filled world, where on a daily basis we are inhaling free radicals which absorb into our bodies. It’s up to us to cleanse our bodies, and take care of protecting our bodies against those nasty things . This is only a great additive to protection on our parts. There are so many great chlorophyll products out there, but I always advise to take the most pure form. The liquid supplement is amazing, and I take it every day. It put it in my water daily, and I feel once I’ve taken it, I’ve done just one more thing to help my body against free radical damage. You may not think that you are breathing in bad air, or ingesting preservatives when you eat certain things, but you are. Taking daily protective measures only add to our health as we age. I wish I could sit here for an hour and write about how much I love chlorophyll. It will always be a part of my daily regimen to keep my body performing at the top, and supplying it with the antioxidants it needs to have as I age.
I tried this amazing recipe from Skinny Taste last night for my family and it was a hit! Super low in calories, and I spiced it up with some tasty toppings loaded with antioxidants. Here’s the (slightly adjusted) recipe – share it with your friends and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
-1 head of lettuce
-1 lb of organic ground turkey
-2 cups organic low-fat skim mozzarella
-1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
-1 1/2 cup sliced avocados
-1 1/2 cup organic black beans
Ground turkey in a skillet until brown, and place on the lettuce wraps. Top with all your amazing toppings. Enjoy!
I want to share with you some of my favorite Superfoods that I always
keep in my kitchen. I eat at least one of these on a daily basis, because they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and keep you feeling your best!
1. Spinach – This vegetable is full of vitamin K, selenium, protects the liver, and helps ward of Alzheimer’s.
2. Green tea – I can’t say enough to about this amazing drink… It’s packed so many antioxidants and is filled with EGCG. This drink is also known to reduce cancer risks.
3. Ginger – I love this for many reasons, but the most important is its taste. It helps with stomach discomfort, and it’s filled with gingerol which is a cancer suppressor.
4. Crab – Who doesn’t love crab legs? Well, this is a huge bone builder, it’s super high in protein, and spiked with zinc.
5. Bok Choy – This Chinese veggie is full of calcium, vitamins A and C, and potassium.
6. Kiwi – One word: Yummy! This exotic fruit is filled with vitamin C and lutein.
7. Broccoli – Full of calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
Try to add one of these Superfoods to your meals everyday and be prepared to feel a difference!