I love makeup and one item that I can’t live without is my concealer. As we age, we tend to have dark circles under our eyes, or just areas where we need a little bit more coverage than normal. I have a few favorite concealers, and there are different things I like about each of them.
* Kat Von D concealer- she literally has such amazing makeup. The power it has is amazing, and this concealer has a great coverage without being so thick. One thing I can’t stand about certain concealers is some can look cakey and too thick in the areas your trying to camouflage. Kat Von D concealer comes in many shades , and has such a basic consistency. You don’t need to use a whole lot to get the coverage you need. This is by far one of my favorites.
*Makeup forever – have you ever tried their makeup? It’s amaxing. The coverage with their concealer is just as good as the coverage with their foundations. You don’t need a whole lot. The concealer is a bit more thick than the Kat Von D, but it still doesn’t take a lot. Makeup forever consistency can be thinned out of you mix with a bit of moisturizer. It comes in many shades, and the best part is that it looks amazing in lighting.
*Mac concealer- this is probably my least favorite out of the three, but I still like it. It’s just a bit more thicker for people that need more coverage. The shades can be tricky , but once you find the right one, you may never turn back. Mac has amazing products, and their concealers are great for people who need just a bit more consistency in their coverage. It’s best to hit a Mac store and try out different concealers before buying them. It can save you a lot of money.
Remember the key to a good concealer is getting just enough coverage without looking like a raccoon. That is not a pretty look.
It’s a new year and a New You, and I have to share with you what I think will be the Popular Beauty Trends of 2018. Every time I turn around, it seems that some new company is coming out with new lashes or a great new lash boosting mascara . It is a sure sign that everyone is wanting gorgeous, full lashes. I think we will see more and more companies coming out with these products and longer eye lash accessories.
One craze that is going nuts right now is Fenty Beauty by Rhianna .We know just how gorgeous she is and the many fans she has will soon be in stores swooping up her amazing collection, if they aren’t already. She has some gorgeous colors out that will fit every skin tone, and her foundation is a must too. I look to see more amazing products coming out by Fenty Beauty.
I felt in 2017, we seen many extensions, longer hair styles. Even though that is still big, I think we will see the shorter styles coming back. I am loving the bob look and you can see that many celebrities are cutting their locks for a shorter do. Bobs have always been a popular cut, and I see many more people going for that look in 2018.
We all know that Kylie Jenner made her debut with her awesome makeup line, and the palettes are so popular these days, that almost every single beauty brand has come out with their own. Palettes are going to be the biggest beauty trend ever in 2018 . I see brands making them even more manageable, adding maybe a few lipstick tints to some, and we can’t disagree that they are more manageable to travel with?
Well those are my Four Beauty Trends that I think will make 2018 even better for us Beauty Lovers!
It’s always great to get into a spa to get your fabulous facial or any spa treatment for that matter, but if you are short on time, or need one ASAP, I have the perfect solution on giving yourself a great DIY facial. I know that part of being in a spa is the fact of the relaxation , and someone else supplying the treatment, but this will get done what you need in a short amount of time, and you will have glowing skin to bat.
1. Start giving yourself a great cleanse by using a good cleanser . Cleansers that have charcoal in them work best on my skin. They seem to get rid of debris very well.
2. After you have cleansed your skin real well, you want to start getting rid of old skin cells by exfoliating. This refurbishes your skin, and gets it glowing. You want to make sure that you don’t scrub too hard as it will cause redness and could start itching.
3.Once you have exfoliated really well, try to Facial steam your face. You could do this by placing your head over hot water, and covering your head with a towel to keep the steam in, or you could invest in a really good facial steamer. It’s all dependent on how much you want to spend. You want to steam you face for at least 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the steaming is done, then apply a really good mask to your face. You want to make sure you leave the mask on for as long as it says. The mask will give your skin the moisture that it needs, and the antioxidants.
5. Once you have applied the mask, make sure you rinse your face off really well, and apply a really good toner. The toner tightens the skin, and helps keep the products absorbed so they can work to their highest level. This is just a really great way to add in a weekly facial if you are short on time, or you want to save money for something else. Having great,healthy skin is the key to beautiful skin!
Now that 2017 is out of the way, I want to share with you my Top Five Beauty Products that I loved in 2017. I am a product junkie, but I absolutely love doing reviews on my favorites, and these are it. I did try LOTS of beauty products, but these five were at the top.
1. Best Lipstick – I absolutely love lipstick and glosses, but I wanted to try some new colors and I absolutely fell in love with Lippie Lingerie Matte lip Tint. They are amazing, and they stay on for hours. There is nothing like applying lipstick and not have to worry about reapplication for a long while. I highly recommend this.
2. Best Bronzer- Bronzer is the perfect product to use during these cold months and give yourself some color. It is one of my favorites, and this was the perfect product.. This has a great consistency to it, and doesn’t make you look orange or fake in any way. it has a very natural, neutral tone to it. They come in a wide variety of colors.
3. Best Mascara- If you are anything like me, you LOVE mascara. It is by far one of my favorite products and there is nothing like having full, beautiful lashes to set your face . Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. You will thank me after trying it. It provides your lashes with gorgeous color.
4. Best Makeup Brush Cleaner- We all know that keeping our makeup brushes clean and free of debris is vital to our skin care and keeping our skin clean. Cinema Secret Makeup Brush Cleaner Well there you have my Top Four products. You will absolutely love all of them, and you will probably end up adding them to your top four too! Happy Tuesday!