Going to the gym daily gives all of us the motivation and determination to hit all of our fitness goals and help us strive to be healthier in our everyday lives. I always make it a point to grab my gym bag when I’m heading out to a class. There are always essentials when sweating your butt off, and here are a few of my favorites that always come with me to the gym!
Lululemon gym bag
Apple ear plugs
apple ear plugs
Tom Ford Body Spray
Tom Ford Body Spray
It’s great to have a gym bag handy with all the essentials that keep you comfortable! Get your workout on in style!
I just recently started running again, and every year I start off with a new pair of trainers because running and training actively can break down the traction on your shoes. I recently ordered a new pair of APL trainers, which were invented by two twin brothers who played multiple sports in college, and wanted to invent something more compatible with training and adding a bit of fashion sense in it. I started hearing a lot of great things about this company, and was reading great reviews on the shoes, so instead of jumping on some new nikes, I thought I’d try these out. There are many different styles to pick from , that range from running styles, to training styles. If you are one that works out in a crossfit gym, or just runs as your form of exercise, they have some amazing styles.
The trainers and running styles come in many different colors. I know I’m one that loves black athletic shoes because they basically look great with anything. The APL shoes come in many black and white styles. Looking for something new but fashionable? Check out these great shoes!
I’ve had some emails asking what the best workouts are , and which workouts would work best to get fit. This is the bottom line- you do not need to go to certain workout or fancy classes to get the results you want. Most of those classes can turn into social hours rather than beating a good sweat. If you find something that works for you, then give it 110 percent each time, and make your abs in the kitchen. I can’t stress to you that abs aren’t made in the gym, they are made right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Eating a clean , healthy diet contributes to those abs, and if you are working your core during your workouts, you WILL get more definition and a stronger mid section. Some great tips to follow that work for me and I tell my readers is
– eat a clean healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables and organic healthy meats. Having a cheat day is ok, but you need to just make sure that you work your butt off the next day.
– drink loads of water and give up on the sugar filled coffee drinks and pop. Stick to good teas and water, and back down from the alcohol. Alcohol WILL put weight on you.
– drink green drinks daily. Mixing all your favorite fruits and vegetables together will add so many vitamins and nutrients to your diet.
Stay away from processed , sugar filled foods or anything fried. People can’t believe it when I tell them that I eat none of that. I don’t eat it and I don’t crave it AT ALL!
If you are not a gym goer, then come up with a good workout that incorporates cardio & weight training , and push yourself to the limit. Remember this quote, ” when you think your 100 percent done, your really only 80 percent there. I just read a book by a navy seal, and his mind set in workouts was remarkable. Always push yourself past the limits you set for yourself. You will surprise yourself of how strong you actually are. If you stick with this, you will accomplish so much , and get that body you are working so hard for.
I know that the colder months are getting ready to settle in, and one thing I do every year is get my health to the optimal level , so I have a lower chance of catching any kind of sickness. That is one thing I truly cant stand is being sick, and with the vitamins and supplements that I take, the sickness has stayed away for the most part. There are some great healthy items that you can eat, and take to keep your immune system at the optimal level. These are some great things that I take, and they are great for your health.
- Shitake Mushrooms- These amazing mushrooms have so many health benefits. They reduce your inflammatory proteins , and enhance your cell functions, which has shown to improve your immunity. I try to take a supplement everyday, and you can pick some great ones up at your local natural market.
- Garlic- garlic has great anti viral and anti bacterial properties. Adding a bit to your food, or even taking garlic supplements will help with your overall immunity.
- Edamame- These little pods are full of omega -3 fatty acids, and also help reduce inflammation. That is what causes horrible sickness is to much inflammation buildup in the body. We want to reduce it in any way that we can.
- Green juices- I know that I go on and on about the Importance of juicing, but just getting those daily fresh vegetables and superfoods helps with keeping your immunity up, and preventing sickness. No time ? Pick up an evolution fresh drink. They are loaded with great vitamins and minerals, and my favorite is Green Devotion, loaded up with cucumber, celery, lemon, spinach. They are amazing drinks. I’m also a huge believer in the Super Elixir, which can be bought online.
Whole foods for your health are vital. I cant tell you the amount of energy I have since changing my diet. Diet has so much to do with the way you feel. You are feeding it everyday. Some great super foods that I love for those fresky winter colds and coughs are :
- Honey- This is an amazing thing to take for a bad cough. It will literally suppress your nerve fibers that cause coughing. Add it to some hot tea, and you are go to go.
- Peppermint is great if you have some congestion going on. We all hate that feeling of fullness in the chest. Chewing on it will help with phlegm and mucous. Hot peppermint tea is great too. Warm Tea is always great to have daily. its a healthy go to drink, and some teas provide amazing health benefits such as Green Tea. Adding in daily exercise to for at least for 30 minutes will help with immunity. Keep that flu away, and take care of of yourself everyday. Optimal health is vital , and just adding or changing some daily habits will get your health where it needs to be.
That time of year is coming with bonfires, sweaters , hot chocolate, and wearing your favorite boots, but it doesn’t have to stop there. I tried the most amazing smoothie this past weekend, and its wonderful, with added pumpkin, and the best fall spices around. This is perfect for that chilly morning and super healthy.
- 1/2 cup organic alond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of nutmeg
THIS IS A FAVORITE OF MINE THAT I PICKED UP OUT OF pilbooks recipe book.
Combine almond milk, banana, pumpkin, ice, honey, flaxseed, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in your blender, and blend until its smooth. Serve. Enjoy this wonderful season drink.