It’s always great to get into a spa to get your fabulous facial or any spa treatment for that matter, but if you are short on time, or need one ASAP, I have the perfect solution on giving yourself a great DIY facial. I know that part of being in a spa is the fact of the relaxation , and someone else supplying the treatment, but this will get done what you need in a short amount of time, and you will have glowing skin to bat.
1. Start giving yourself a great cleanse by using a good cleanser . Cleansers that have charcoal in them work best on my skin. They seem to get rid of debris very well.
2. After you have cleansed your skin real well, you want to start getting rid of old skin cells by exfoliating. This refurbishes your skin, and gets it glowing. You want to make sure that you don’t scrub too hard as it will cause redness and could start itching.
3.Once you have exfoliated really well, try to Facial steam your face. You could do this by placing your head over hot water, and covering your head with a towel to keep the steam in, or you could invest in a really good facial steamer. It’s all dependent on how much you want to spend. You want to steam you face for at least 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the steaming is done, then apply a really good mask to your face. You want to make sure you leave the mask on for as long as it says. The mask will give your skin the moisture that it needs, and the antioxidants.
5. Once you have applied the mask, make sure you rinse your face off really well, and apply a really good toner. The toner tightens the skin, and helps keep the products absorbed so they can work to their highest level. This is just a really great way to add in a weekly facial if you are short on time, or you want to save money for something else. Having great,healthy skin is the key to beautiful skin!
We all know that the colder weather is approaching, and when that kind of weather hits, it can hit our skin all too hard. The lack of moisture in the air can leave our skin dried out, looking tired, and drab, and it can also make it look well over dehydrated. I want to give you some great tips on how to mend that exhausted skin, my favorite products that work, and how to keep the dryness away.
- Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. You have no idea how much drinking water helps our skin stay nourished, and helps prevent dry cracked lips. Water nourishes our skin from the inside out, and helps tremendously in the cold weather months. If you are out, take a good water bottle with you , and keep on hand. Try to drink lots of water through out the day.
- Juice at least 1 X a day. Buy all your favorite organic fruits and vegetables, and pick out some great juicing recipes, and get those vitamins and minerals very day from healthy produce. The vitamins and minerals in the produce feed our skin. There are so many wonderful juicing recipes out there, and I have included plenty on my blog. I really do try to juice as often as possible just because I love the way it makes me feel, and I love the way it makes my skin look.
- Eat that fish. Fish has such great omega 3 fatty acids in it, that the natural oils that are found in fish help restore the skin youth and vitality. I’m not saying that you have to eat fish every day, but at least 2-3 x’s a week is ideal. Good healthy fish is so healthy for the skin, as well as the heart. Try adding it to a salad for your lunch. A little bit goes a long way.
- Stay away from processed foods. I cant say this enough. There isn’t anything good that comes from processed foods. If its boxed, do not eat it. Everything in a box, has horrible preservatives, and if you cant pronounce most of them, then stay away from it. Make it from scratch.
- Exercise very day. It is a proven fact t hat exercising everyday, is so good for your skin. Blood flow to your skin is healthy, and keeps that skin glowing.
- Try to go get a facial 1 time a month, or use a great facial product at home. I do go to my dermatologist regularly for chemical peels, and I love the way it takes the dead skin off my face, but I do also use my favorite product which is Karuna Antioxidant mask, which honestly after you use it, your skin glows, and I love the products that it is made of. It can be picked up at Sephora, which is convenient.
- Wash your face every morning and night and use a good SPF, and moisturizer. You have no idea how far a good moisturizer will go in the cold weather. Even slathering it on before bed, or even using a good night crème is efficient in the winter.
Taking care of your skin is so important in maintaining it to stay clear, and beautiful. Cold weather can wreak havoc on it, and its not good when it does. Taking care of your lips in the winter time is also important to prevent chapping, and skin breaks. Invest in a good lip mask or lip balm to keep moisture in the lips when your in the cold.
karuna antioxidant mask