Gluten-free foods have become a huge staple in the world of health. The health world claims many foods containing gluten causes an array of health problems. I have reduced my gluten to a very scarce amount, and can tell a huge difference.
Mexican food is a huge love in my house. I don’t make it very often, but when I do, I try to make healthy versions. I do not use all the oils and sauces that you would normally find in Mexican restaurants. Mexican restaurants usually carry entrees filled with horrible fats. If I’m having a Mexican craving, I make my own entree. This gluten-free recipe is a hit in my home. If you are looking for a great , delicious Mexican pizza, look no further.
- 1 Gluten -Free crust ( this can usually be bought in any health food store
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( organic ) , or you can cut your own
- 1 small can of organic pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 1/2 cup organic corn ( shaved from cob)
- 1 cup veggie cheese
Put a bit of olive oil on your crust, and smooth on the pizza sauce. Place tomatoes , olives, and corn on top. Sprinkle veggie cheese all over pizza.
Bake the pizza on 350 for about 30-35 minutes.
We all love sweets. Well at least I do, but I like the “healthier” versions. I like to bake quite often, and I like to bake healthy gluten-free cupcakes. There are many ways to incorporate your favorite sweets into a healthier version . You use better quality ingredients with better substitutions. I recently found this wonderful recipe on Healthy Green Kitchen. It is a fabulous website. The website contains many great ,quality made recipes. I used this recipe to make birthday cupcakes this year, and they were a hit.
This Gluten-free cupcake recipe makes 16 cupcakes, and the Prep time is 15 min. The actual cook time is 25 min. You are more than welcome to use any flavor of frosting.
6 oz. egg whites ( room temp)
1/2 cup organic raw milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract ( buy a good quality kind)
6 oz. gluten -free flour
6 oz. organic sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
6 oz. organic butter ( room temp)
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees. ( Butter or line the pans with cupcake liners)
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites with 1/4 cup milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flours , sugar, baking powder together on low speed for 30 sec.
- Add the butter and remaining 1/4 cup of milk. Mix on low speed until the butter has been incorporated. Increase to medium speed and beat for 1-2 min.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the egg mixture in 3 separate batches ,and beat on medium speed for 20-30 seconds after each addition.
- Pour or scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 min. Make sure to use your cake tester. Let them cool on a cooling rack. Viola they amazing!
I love to bake, and I love baking healthier options even more, because we all probably have a bit of a sweet tooth, and love healthy delicious treats. I enjoyed making this recipe that I found fromTaste of home, which is one of my favorite sites, and I added a bit of fun to this recipe by using heart shape cookie cutters to add a bit of Valentine fun!
This recipe will make 2 loaves , with 12 slices each.
– 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-2 cups mashed riped bananas
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
-1/3 cup canola oil
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce , oil, and vanilla. Stir this into the dry ingredients. Transfer to two 8 in by 4 in loaf pans, coated with baking spray, sprinkle with walnuts , and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. Let cool for 10 min. Enjoy!