We all have those days ( at least I do) where you are running short on time, and you really don’t feel like doing your hair at all, because you know you will be running errands all day, or you just are in one of those comfortable moods where putting your hair up is all you feel like doing. Personally , I get sick of the ponytail look, so putting your hair up in a messy bun is as easy as it looks, and can look good. I do this a lot, especially on those crammed mornings.
- Make sure your hair is washed and clean, and dry. If you washed it the night before, that’s totally fine, as long as its dry. Your bun will not stay up when its wet, and will not have a full look to it.
- Take a very good volume spray, and spray from the crown to the ends. Then take a flat comb and start combing back the hair at the root of the crown. This is basically called “ratting”. This will give your crown some volume. Comb towards the scalp.
- Once this is done. brush all of your hair, and make sure that’s its brushed good, and once I brush mine, I always apply a glaze to it. This gives your hair a bit of shine once its up in the messy bun. Take all of your hair and sweep it up, and apply a rubber band to it , like you are putting it in a pony tail. Make sure you use good rubber bands that will not break your hair strands. Pull only half of your pony tail through then wrap the hair band around, then pull it half way through again, and apply the rubber band. Your bun will be a bit messy at this point, which is what we want right?
- Once you have your messy bun done, you can add a few bobby pins to the sides to keep it up, or any strays that may let loose.
- You can pull any hair out that you want left down by the ears. Once you have done that, you can spray the bun with some light hairspray, and you are good to go. Do not use Extra hold hairspray on your hair. This will give your hair a matted look, and that look is not a good look.
Some people actually curl the hair that is left out of the bun. That is also an option. This will give your bun a cleaner look. Everyday doesn’t have to be a perfect hair day, and in my opinion, you do this bun right, it does look perfect.
I am loving all the hair care out today, and I feel that some brands have really added some great products to their lines. My all time favorite products for styling are SHOW BEAUTY. They seriously rock!
But I also like using natural products, too. I use so many oils right out of my kitchen on my hair. Olive oil is great for the driest hair, and helps revive elasticity. I heat that up and leave on my hair for about 20 minutes, once per week. It’s amazing how your hair feels once it’s rinsed.
Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft and helps strengthen it. Try warming up 1/2 cup of coconut oil and wiping it through your hair. Keep it on for 20 minutes, then rinse. Voila! You will love! Avocado oil is also great; it’s one of my favorites because it’s so rich in amino acids, and helps make hair shiny and helps to prevent breakage.
I have to admit I can’t stand seeing those women who have put so many chemicals in their hair over time that it honestly doesn’t move. It’s like a board, and it’s not attractive. Hair is meant to move and be vibrant. Healthy hair moves, and when it’s flipped, it should move easy. You can tell when someone doesn’t have healthy hair.
The benefits of these oils you find in your kitchen are huge: They will calm your scalp and get rid of frizziness.
If you prefer buying hair products instead of opening up your cabinet, a great oil to try is MOROCCAN OIL brand — I love their Argan oil. I’ve tried most of their products, and they are great.
Happy Tuesday, beauties!
I’m sure you have all heard the magic of coconut oil. It’s the best cooking oil for your heart and health, and it completely wins the race against olive oil. I’ve been using coconut oil to cook with for a lot of my meals.
Recently, I’ve been using coconut oil to moisturizer my hair twice a week. I leave it in for about an hour wrapped up, and I cannot tell you how different my hair feels! And it’s looking so much healthier! Coconuts have been known for hundreds of years for their health benefits, that’s why we’ve been seeing so many coconut oil shampoos hit the shelves lately. It’s absolute magic. If you wanting to race to the salon for that local moisturizing treatment, stop! Look no further than your kitchen!
Click image to discover an amazing coconut oil shampoo!
Hi. gorgeous gals!
Who’s not loving the new asymmetrical bobs this season? I know I am! The look is so edgy, yet so playful! I’m seeing more and more women wearing this cool rockin’ look. Check it out on Cameron Diaz! I think it’s hot. What do you think?
Click the image to see more asymmetrical bobs on Pinterest
Ladies, what are you doing with your hair these days? I’m always looking for trendy dos. Some days are just ponytail days. But those get old… I discovered this cute do on Pinterest not too long ago, and wanted to share it. This is a great way to pull your sides up, while leaving the rest down. What do you think?