I tried this amazing recipe from Skinny Taste last night for my family and it was a hit! Super low in calories, and I spiced it up with some tasty toppings loaded with antioxidants. Here’s the (slightly adjusted) recipe – share it with your friends and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
-1 head of lettuce
-1 lb of organic ground turkey
-2 cups organic low-fat skim mozzarella
-1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
-1 1/2 cup sliced avocados
-1 1/2 cup organic black beans
Ground turkey in a skillet until brown, and place on the lettuce wraps. Top with all your amazing toppings. Enjoy!
I want to share with you some of my favorite Superfoods that I always
keep in my kitchen. I eat at least one of these on a daily basis, because they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and keep you feeling your best!
1. Spinach – This vegetable is full of vitamin K, selenium, protects the liver, and helps ward of Alzheimer’s.
2. Green tea – I can’t say enough to about this amazing drink… It’s packed so many antioxidants and is filled with EGCG. This drink is also known to reduce cancer risks.
3. Ginger – I love this for many reasons, but the most important is its taste. It helps with stomach discomfort, and it’s filled with gingerol which is a cancer suppressor.
4. Crab – Who doesn’t love crab legs? Well, this is a huge bone builder, it’s super high in protein, and spiked with zinc.
5. Bok Choy – This Chinese veggie is full of calcium, vitamins A and C, and potassium.
6. Kiwi – One word: Yummy! This exotic fruit is filled with vitamin C and lutein.
7. Broccoli – Full of calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
Try to add one of these Superfoods to your meals everyday and be prepared to feel a difference!
This salad recipe is one of my favorites, and if you are looking for something delicious and low-cal, this salad is for you!
-2 cups spinach and romaine
-1 cup cooked lobster diced
-1/2 cup avocado chopped
-1/2 cucumber chopped
-1 small tomato chopped
-1/4 cup sunflower seeds
-1 cup low-cal Greek dressing!
So good – enjoy! Love, -Melissa
Hi, beauties! Today is officially Green Smoothie Wednesday, and I wanted to share a great recipe to fill your body with vitamins:
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 celery stem chopped!
Blend and drink. Hope you enjoy it!
When starting a new or revamped workout routine, it can be difficult to figure out what you need to purchase at the grocery store. Every week, I will post a new healthy recipe and a green drink. Remember to eat every 2-3 hours when working out in order to rev up your metabolism and prevent your blood sugar from dropping.
Here is a sample grocery list of what’s normally in my fridge and pantry. These items give me the fuel I need to stay motivated and healthy.
* 100% whole wheat bread
* berries, strawberries, blue berries, black berries
* 100% nitrate free turkey and chicken
* skim milk
* 100% bran cereal
* vegetables: broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus,
* egg whites
* part skim mozzarella cheese
* spinach greens
* whole wheat English muffins
* 100 % steel cut oats
* cottage cheese
* low balsamic vinaigrette
What healthy items are on your grocery list? Let me know in the comment section.