I’ve been blogging for about 4 years now, and never imagined I’d be where I am right now. It has grown and Ive met some amazing people and formed great partnerships with them. It can take a while to get your blog where you want it, and with some good tips , you can be on your way. First and foremost, be patient with it. It takes time. It’s a lot of hard work and dedication, but ultimately it fun!
- Always reinvent your blog.- I’m always trying out new templates to go with my style of writing. People like to see change, with bold colors, and good text. I have found a great template designer, Pipdig, who does amazing work. The templates are classy, and sexy. Try to find something that translates with your style of blog.
- Always stay fresh with your content- Google picks up on keywords and Fresh content. That’s what they love seeing. Always make sure that you take the time to write out your blog posts. Never get in a hurry to post. Always keep a schedule for when you want a fresh post to go up. Try writing about different topics and stay away from writing on topics you have already written about. They can stay within the same realm, but alway write fresh.
- Invest in the Best- when I say this, always invest in the best templates, camera, equipment up front. I have spent a bit on my templates, and some advertising, but in the end, it’s worth it. I’m getting ready to invest in one of the best cameras for my photos. Your followers love to see fresh photography and gorgeous photos. If you are doing a photo shoot, invest in a good photographer. I’m getting ready to do that for my fashion spreads.
- Become a Social Media crazy- your followers will love every place they can find you. I’ve got tons of followers on my favorite social media site Twitter. I love that site, and that is where I have my posts scheduled. I have met so many amazing people through Twitter. Let people find you. The more your found, the better off your blog will be.
It takes a lot of work to make your blog what you want it to be, but in the end, it will Become a dynamic tool for what you love to do. Good luck!
I have always loved reading. Matter of fact, back in school, I was literally called the Book Worm , because of my love for reading. This summer I have four great books that I have read, and I’m passing them on to you because who doesn’t Love a great summer read? It doesn’t matter if you are a lover of suspense and murder mysteries, or you love the dramas with high school, there are always great books out there for you. I have read four this summer, and I’m actually on my last. They have all been wonderful, and I have to share them with you. I love every single kind of book. I love suspense, drama, biography , fiction, and I love fascinating self motivating books. There is nothing more fascinating then to read a book about someone who built a legacy on their own, or built an empire from the ground up. I love stories where people built their OWN legacy, and it wasn’t handed to them. It is a dedication of hard work , discipline, and I LOVE that more than anything. Reading is a great way to unwind, relax, and detox the brain. Check out some of my favs.
My all time favorite read this summer has been Wellth by Jason Wachob. He is the amazing founder of one of my favorite websites , MindBodyGreen.com. This is a man who had a vision, and ran with it. The all time great read bases everything on life balance. We CAN have it all. Its a reasoning on balancing the life craziness that can occur in our everyday lives. One of the BEST reads I’ve read yet. The Eleven Rings by Phil Jackson is another wonderful book. It is based on success, and the conditions of success. Of course he has had plenty in his lifetime, but it is an amazing read. The third book is for that pool side ,relaxation mode. It is a great summer read, and is based on the drama of youth and death at the same time. It is very cosmopolitan, It is perfect for that summer vacation. Amy Bloom is an amazing author with a vision for good reading. This is at the top for one of the BEST summer books this year.
Everywhere we turn there is a Kardashian bringing another brand to life. The hair collection, beauty brand , and now the clothing collection Kendall and Kylie. They have found their inspiration from recreating looks adding the recreations to everyday personal style. Kendall seems to be more contemporary , where Kylie has a bit of edge to her clothing and styles. This is fit for the everyday tween or teenager that wants to add that vibe to their everyday looks. Their clothing line is fun , and super cute. The style is uber chic with sophistication. You can add the perfect set of sunglasses with any one of their styles in the clothing line. You can check their line out at Nordstrom or Lord and Taylor.
We all have areas on our bodies that we want to improve from time to time, but one of the biggest feed backs I get from my followers is how to get more toned in the stomach. I have to say that abs are made in the kitchen! I really mean that. What we eat on a daily basis is 75% of how we get the abs we want, and the other 25% is the workouts we do daily. The foods we choose to eat really makes the difference on how our bodies look .
The abs are one of my favorite areas to work on. I love having a strong core, and I absolutely love working them in the gym, in my classes, or even doing my sit ups every night before bed. I will tell you that eating a diet high in fat, and drinking sugar drinks and too much alcohol will prevent those abs from forming. Here are some great ways to get the abs you want!
- Stay away from starchy carbs. These are NOT good for you. They do nothing but make you feel heavy, and do nothing for the abs you are trying to create. Keep your carb intake on the lower side. If you are doing heavy workouts, make sure you allow enough complex carbs in your diet, such as quinoa, brown rice, ect.
- Add plenty of protein into your diet. Protein is very important when creating abs. Add in plenty of fresh vegetables, greens, raw foods, organic eggs, protein powders when doing workouts. Protein is what helps our muscles grow, and helps with carving abs. Make sure you allow enough protein in every meal you make.
- Eat at home. Make your meals fresh, and stay away from the fat filled meals in restaurants. Making your own meals allows less fat in your meals, and you can keep track of the protein you are putting in your body.
- Make time to move everyday. Get your workout in everyday, and make sure you are burning fat, and calories. The more you move, the quicker the results.
We all have abs. It’s whether we are working hard enough to get to see them! You can do it. It’s time, dedication, patience , and discipline! Start now!